Friday, February 27, 2009

Thank God for my Aunt Sandy...

So I just want to publicly thank my Aunt Sandy for coming to visit this weekend from Austin to help us out. I think I'd probably be in the hospital right now from exhaustion if she hadn't come in. Kamryn has been really great, she sleeps pretty much ALL the time, she's only awake when it's time to feed her...but for some reason from about 1 am to 4 am, she's been very, very fussy...so unfortunately mommy doesn't get much sleep at night. Thanks to my aunt being here, I was able to take a nap this afternoon...which is good since I'm starting to get sick. Not sure what I have, but I know I've been fighting a fever since yesterday...hoping it's nothing contagious...but until I know for sure, I can't go visit my little Kayla in the hospital. It's killing me to have gone two days without seeing her!

Kayla appears to be doing well from what I hear. They have upped her feeds to 12ml every 3 hours on a special, pre-digested formula and she appears to be tolerating that well so far. She's had a couple of poopy diapers already which makes me hopeful that she is doing better. She is scheduled for a test tomorrow to check for kidney reflux, which may be what caused her UTI. Other than that, we are just trying to fatten her up and hope that her digestive system cooperates.

Kamryn had her first pediatric appointment today! Not much to report from that except she decided to have her first "let's spray mom and everything else with poop" accident. Yeah, that was fun. Next appointment is for her immunizations next week.

No comments: