Today was a pretty good day for the girls! They both did really well with their eye exams (although I heard Kayla was not liking the exam part)...no evidence of ROP but they will need to have another exam in 2 weeks to make sure their eyes are developing like they are supposed to. That was a relief to hear. Both girls head ultrasounds showed that their IVH's are slowly going away and not increasing which is also great news!
Kamryn has been upped to two bottle feedings a day now which is exciting! She did really well on both, finishing within 25 minutes. The OT thinks she will be ready for four bottles a day maybe by the end of the week! Kamryn now weighs 5lbs, 7.8 oz.
Kayla was given the all clear to start her feedings again! So at 2 pm, she received her first 6ml of milk. I haven't heard how that went yet, but will check on her later tonight before I go to bed. Kayla also now weighs 4lbs, 1.7 oz!!!!! I think that she is still retaining a lot of water weight though from all the medications that she is on and she is on a diuretic every other day right now to help control that...so her weight may come back down some. One of the side effects of being on diuretics for too long (like she has been) is the possibility of kidney stones, so they are trying to be conservative in their use of it.
The girls continue to be very fiesty according to the nurses. I don't seem to get many reports of how sweet and great they are...I get told how "fiesty" and "spirited" they are. LOL. One nurse put it great...she said, "They want to be out of those isolettes and allowed to lay on a blanket and look at the world...not hooked up to wires and messed with every three hours". I can certainly understand being "fiesty" and "spirited" when put that way!
Thank you for everyone continuing to pray for our little girls...it means so much to all of us! I'm hoping that we are getting out of the rough part and nothing but improvements continue to happen! I'm hoping we will have our little ones home with us by the end of the month.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I'm so glad to hear that the girls are doing better! They are quite the little fighters. Keep up the good work, hope to see you all very soon!
Post a Comment