Thursday, February 19, 2009

3 am phone calls stink...

It's 3 am and I can't sleep so I figured I'd update the blog. The hospital just called and said that Kayla was sick again...they aren't sure what is going on yet, but her belly was really hard and distended so they want to run some tests and do a study to see if she has a blockage in her intestines. She's not acting sick, so they don't think it's the NEC returning or an infection. They have stopped her feedings AGAIN and put her back on IV fluids to give her bowels a break. The strange thing is she had a HUGE poopy diaper last night when we were there so I'm really confused. I have been worried about her throwing up her food so much and asked the Dr many times and he still kept increasing her feedings which bothered me...so I'm planning to go up there and grill him on that today. If she does have a blockage (I think the technical term is called a "stricture"), they may need to do surgery. I'm not sure how much more of this stress I can take...especially when I see my little fighter so sick. Please keep Kayla in your prayers as she fights yet another battle. Oh and maybe some prayers that Kiko and I can keep our strength and calm through all these obstacles too!!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Oh Kristen, I am sorry about all this stress!!! I'll be keeping you and your girls in my prayers.