Sunday, February 1, 2009

Day 23 in the NICU

Kayla looked better today so I hope it's a good sign that the antibiotics are working. She does still have blood in her stool and it will be a few days before we know if she is getting better...but she looked less swollen and was moving around a lot better. She was pretty pale so she may need another blood transfusion soon but all in all, I feel a little better.

Kamryn had her first feed today with some supplemental oxygen (basically a nasal canula to help remind her to breathe while eating). She did GREAT!! I was so proud of her!! She finished her bottle in about 25 minutes (the goal being 20 minutes and no more than 30).

Not much else to report today...just taking everything day by day! Thank you so much for all the encouraging words and prayers from everybody!!

No comments: