I started back working again today so I'm going to post before I go to the hospital this time...hopefully there isn't much new to report. I checked in on the girls earlier and it seems they are being a bit naughty with the nurses! Let's see...Kamryn decided last night to pull out her NG tube, which is the tube they use to feed her. It's a thin tube that runs down from the nose into the stomach. So they put it back in, then after she ate, she decided to pull it back out again. Me thinks she's not liking the tube in her nose! Then Kayla was upset most of the night, I'm sure from hunger and not feeling well. She was caught throwing her pacifier across the isolette on more than one occasion! LOL! I think they both have some of our tempers coming out...Kiko and I are in for some trouble later! I'm not sure why Kamryn is agitated, but I can sympathize with Kayla. Maybe Kamryn is just trying to get some of the attention or she feels Kayla's pain.
Both girls have gained weight. Kamryn weighs 5lbs, 6.8 oz (which is now more than what I weighed at birth so that makes me happy). Kayla weighs 3lbs, 13 oz (but I think some of that is water weight). Kayla also had one of her lines removed this morning since they stopped one of her antibiotics for the NEC infection...woohoo!! Now our little fighter is only on two antibiotics. I haven't gotten the results from their head ultrasounds yet, so I'll post those when I get them.
Tomorrow is a BIG day for both girls. They will both get their eyes checked, which I hear makes them a bit aggitated as they dilate their pupils...just what they need...to be aggitated...ugh. Kayla will also start back on her feeding...please say some BIG prayers that she does well. This is a huge step for her to come home...one of the potential problems with the NEC infection is she could have a blockage in her intestines from scar tissue and could end up needing surgery...we definitely don't want that to happen. It will take a few weeks to make sure she is completely healed.
Monday, February 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I hope your first day at work is good. Praying for the girls
Post a Comment