Not many answers on Kayla's condition today. The Dr's think she either has an infection of some sort (Viral or Bacterial) or she might have a partial blockage of her intestines. She has been running a low grade fever all day, still has tenderness in her belly, and has a buildup of gas showing up in the xrays. So not much change from yesterday. She is acting fiesty which makes me feel better, yesterday she was very lethargic...so I'm glad to see her having the energy to fight. She did have another blood transfusion last night, so I think that helped. So the plan for the weekend is to give the antibiotics she is on a chance to work while they wait for all the lab test results to come back. They don't want to run the test needed to check for a blockage until they are sure she doesn't have an infection first, so that will wait until Monday (or earlier if she gets worse). But for now she is stable and hoping that the antibiotics start showing signs of improvement.
Kamryn was moved to an open crib today which was awesome!! She is doing very well in it and has not had any apnea episodes since yesterday morning. The Dr's think she will come home next week some time assuming she continues to pass all her tests. We had a great day together, she did much better at the breast feeding today (although, I think she really just slept most of the time). I then fed her a bottle and she plowed through it in about 10 minutes. Then I let her sleep kangaroo style on my chest for about 90 minutes which was just heaven. I think we both needed that time together. I feel so guilty that I can't give Kayla that much attention, but she is just so sick that I can't hold her right now...that is the hardest part, not being able to comfort your baby when she needs it.
Kiko and I got to see our great friends Melanee and Chris tonight!! They live in Utah and participated in the same clinical trial as us. Melanee and I met over the internet on a fertility forum when I posted about the opportunity for a clinical trial for IVF here in Houston. We became friends online and she flew out to stay with us for a month while she went through her treatments...she has become the little sister I never had and just love her and Chris to death. They also ended up having beautiful twin daughters born EXACTLY one month before our little girls so we call them cousins and can't wait till we can all meet as families!! I miss Melanee and Chris so much and hate that we only get to see them a couple of times a year so I hope they will come back soon....perhaps for our annual crawfish boil!! :). I'll post a pic of the four of us when I get it!
Friday, February 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment