The official word on Kayla is that they don't see any obstructions or problems with her intestines. They are thinking she had an infection there again or her UTI was causing the irritability...whatever the case, she seems to be doing better right now so they are going to try feeding her again and see how she does. I feel like I've seen this movie before, but I'm hoping it's a better ending than the last one! The Dr is optimistic that if all goes well we could have Kayla home in two weeks...I'm cautiously optimistic that she is right.
Kamryn is doing great here at home. She's given us quite a few scares with the Apnea monitor already...we are thinking they are false alarms, but they scare the crud out of you when they go off...whenever we run over (and I mean, I run over), she's just fine. She also had a rough night last night and kept Kiko and I up from about 1 am to 4 am crying. I knew that was coming and I'm just thankful it wasn't in stereo yet. The nurses all said the first week is kind of tough for preemie babies that have been in the NICU for so long...to suddenly go to a place where it is quiet and dark at night kind of scares them. So we left the bathroom light on and hoped for the best.
Other than that, Kiko and I are exhausted and trying to just keep chugging...I've been going non-stop for the last 24 hours...if I slow down I realize how tired I am!! We aren't sure we'll be able to make it to the hospital to see Kayla today...I tried to drive to the Dr this morning and almost fell asleep so probably not the best idea right now. It's killing me to not see her everyday, but they have a "cuddle" program, where they have volunteers who go up to the hospital for parents who can't be there and just hold the babies. I wish it was me doing that, but I just haven't figured out that cloning thing yet.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment