Thursday, February 5, 2009

A better day...

Today was slightly less stressful than yesterday thankfully! I got to hold Kayla again for about an hour which was really needed...she was cranky most of the time (I would be too with an empty tummy)...but we managed. Only four more days before we can start her feeds again (albeit slowly). She's going to get crankier too they said...poor thing. They did manage to fix her PICC line without having to redo it and poke her somewhere else so that was a relief. The baby next to us has his PICC line in his head and I don't think I'd want to see that on my little girl :(.

Kamryn did well with her feeding today...the OT and I tried a couple of different bottles/nipples to see if we could find one that would help slow down her sucking reflex and allow her to breathe better. We will try a couple more tomorrow...we're calling her Goldilocks right now and the bottles are her porridge...we won't stop till we find the one that is "just right"! Fortunately no desats for her today while I was there...whew!!

Here are some pics from my camera phone :)

Kayla chillin'..."gangsta" style...LOL!

Kayla sleeping in my arms...


Kamryn smiling at all the folks on the web...



1 comment:

Chris and Melanee said...

Oh my goodness, they are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCute!!! I love them so much already!!