Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Drum roll please...

Kamryn has hit the FIVE POUND mark! Woohoo!! I couldn't believe it when I saw the paperwork, but yep, she's finally reached five pounds! She looks huge compared to little Kayla, but in relation to the full term babies they both still look so tiny! Kamryn was in her mellow mood today...we had to wake her up to eat this morning and she didn't seem to be too interested in it, but she still did well. I took her temperature, changed her diaper and got her out of the isolette and she barely even woke up. We even waited 30 minutes past her normal eating time and she still wasn't upset.

Kayla was asleep most of the day while I was there, which was nice to see that she was comfortable. She has lost a little weight since the NEC ordeal began, but that was expected..she's at 3lbs, 8 oz right now. I did get to hold her today for a little while. Last time I held her was Friday so I think we both needed that cuddle time. She was really fussy just before I held her, but she calmed down once we got all the wires situated...when I had to put her back, she was out like a light...I think the nurses appreciated that. She is scheduled to get another PICC line put back in (they had just removed it when she got sick from the NEC...figures) this afternoon and move her back to an isolette instead of the radiant warmer. The isolette is better for them to help regulate their body temperature. Hopefully she will bounce right back from the NEC infection and be able to eat again with no issues.

Kiko popped in for his lunch break and got to hold Kamryn while she got her noon feeding via gavage tube. She looked so content just staring at me and daddy while her tummy got full. I could just stare into both girls' eyes for hours if they would let me...but they eventually get bored of the crazy woman talking to them so they fall asleep. :)

1 comment:

Ofie said...

Just take it one day at a time...and offer all your worries to HIM. I know HE is looking at you and Kiko and at both girls with love and care. Remember, Kamryn and Kayla are always in our prayers.

From Down Under,
Tita Ofie