Or at least I think it was the gripe water...
Kamryn had "one of those nights" last night...I mean, I have never seen her so mad, upset, gassy, fussy, screaming, writhing, you name it. It started about 9 pm, poor Kiko had to deal with her while I tried to sleep, then he came and brought her to me at midnight and I tried to calm her for another two hours. Finally we broke down and gave her a little bit of gripe water as a last resort and within about 30 minutes she was OUT and didn't make much of a peep except for her 3 am and 6 am feedings. So we were able to get a little bit of sleep in there. She had some more gas problems this morning/afternoon for the nanny but she seems to be resting comfortably right now. I got a new formula to try from the pediatrician this morning so I hope it works. :(
Kayla is just hanging in there at the NICU. She managed to finish all of her bottles yesterday but isn't gaining any weight. She's been pretty steady and weighs 5 lbs, 11 oz. The Dr's have decided to put her in a regular crib now with a wedge underneath to make the mattress be at an incline. She will be put into a tucker sling to help keep her in position. The hope is this will help with her reflux problems. She also has an appointment with a GI specialist this afternoon...I hope they can help her. I'm so stressed out over my poor baby in the hospital and with Kamryn's digestive problems. I know this will pass...just have to hang in there too!
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
So glad Kamryn got some relief. I noticed you are trying some new formula and that you can't BF on your meds. Are you going to BF after your meds are done? I completely understand if you don't, just curious. If you want to be able to you could consider pump n dump a couple of times a day to keep supply or consult a lactation consultant.
Post a Comment