Well, yesterday was a fun day...we took Kamryn to the Dr because her fussiness/gas problems just seemed to be getting worse and mother's instinct was telling me this wasn't just "colic". It was too scheduled...every time she finished eating, exactly 1.5 hours later, she would start screaming in pain and arching her back, curling up in a ball and cry. This would last about an hour, then she would fall asleep, then wake up an hour later hungry and the cycle would start all over again. She was burping and passing gas, but I could just tell that this wasn't "normal". I finally begged to see the Dr and she switched her reflux medications and put her on a hypoallergenic formula to see if that would help. Kamryn has been on the new formula for about 24 hours and I can already see a difference. She still cries about an hour or so after she eats, but it is not nearly as panicked or painful sounding. She also falls right back asleep after about 5 minutes of soothing, not 45 minutes. So I think she's got a milk/protein intolerance and may need special formula to help her with it. At any rate, I just hope she gets better!! Oh and she got weighed yesterday and she is 9lbs, 2 oz!!!!
Kayla is going through all her testing right now at the hospital and so far, they haven't found anything unusual which is a relief. She is slowly gaining weight (about 1/2 oz a day) and now weighs, 5 lbs, 14 oz. She is going through a PH probe study right now, which is where they put a probe down her esophagus and measure the acid levels over a 24 hour period to see how bad her reflux is. The nurses say she has been really fussy as well, so I'm wondering if she also has a milk/protein tolerance problem as well...since I know the formula she is on does have milk in it. It would make sense anyway. They are hoping to be able to send her home next week if she doesn't have any problems with the remaining tests...but I've been saying that for a month now. We'll just continue to wait and see...AND PRAY!
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment