Friday, March 13, 2009

One more day...I hope...

Well the Dr wants to keep me one more night to get another round of antibiotics since I happen to have a particularly tough strain of staph infection. Assuming I can go another night without a fever or problems, than I can switch to pill form antibiotics and go home tomorrow. I hope so...I miss my hubby and Kamryn! But I'll be farther away from Kayla again...this is so hard.

I finally got to go up to see Kayla today and hold her for a little while. I almost felt like she didn't remember me, but I'm trying to put that out of my head. Poor baby is really having trouble with reflux. She's pretty much maxed out on the medication options and still really having problems eating. The Dr is pretty much running out of options right now and might call in a GI specialist. Kayla will start off eating ok from the bottle, but then about halfway through the reflux hits and she'll start throwing her head back and screaming. Usually they can't get her to finish her bottles and she spends more energy screaming than she's taking in...so she's not gaining any weight. Right now, she's been steady at 5lbs, 8 oz. Another option they are looking at is putting her in a regular crib in a sling that holds her at a certain angle so she can't move to help her digest her food. This is a scary idea for me as it means we'd have to do something similar for her at home. It's hard enough dealing with one baby with reflux problems, but add in another baby with worse reflux problems and the stress levels are going to be tremendous. The Dr even told me today that she wouldn't dream of sending Kayla home like this as the stress on us would just be too much with having a twin to deal with also. So I hope they can figure out what to do for her.

1 comment:

Hollie said...

I hope you get better and can go home. I'm praying for things to just get better with the girls so you can have them home and healthy.