Ok, so what's the trick to helping a baby pass gas?? Somebody give me some good old fashioned tricks. Kamryn wakes up usually about an hour or two after eating and SCREAMS like she is in the worst pain imaginable and curls up into a ball like she's trying to poop...this goes on for quite a while. We added mylicon to the mix of meds and it seems to be working a little bit but it breaks my heart hearing her be in so much pain. Anyone?
Our nanny started part time today which was a blessing!! I didn't get any sleep last night so I was so thankful to get a two hour nap while she was here to watch Kamryn. She will really be a HUGE help when Kayla gets home from the hospital...wish she worked nights too! LOL.
The Dr's have decided to keep Kayla on a special formula when she is discharged from the hospital and not try to get her on breast milk yet. I guess they are leaving that up to the pediatrician to decide. Unfortunately, the formula that she is on is not cheap and insurance doesn't cover it.
. I'll pay whatever it takes to keep her healthy though...and I'll try to keep Kamryn on breast milk as long as possible to help defray the costs. So far Kayla is doing well and they are starting the process of getting her ready to come home. She's got all the same gates to pass as Kamryn did but they are optimistic that if she can pass them all, she may be able to come home sometime next week!! I hope so, but I'm so petrified that I'm going to be a nervous wreck. With her history of health problems, I know I'll be overanalyzing every cry and sneeze.
1 comment:
We went through the same thing when we brought our twins home. We actually called the ped at 2am when we had only had them home for 2 days. The tips given to us were: A really tight swaddle, pushing their legs against their tummy or bicycling their legs, putting a warm towel on their tummy. What finally worked for us was a combo of a warm towel with a swaddle and we laid or son a on a vibrating heating pad and that finally did the trick. Good Luck. This will all be a very faint memory soon :).
Post a Comment