Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy 2 MONTH Birthday!!! Or is it zero birthday???

Today is Kayla and Kamryn's 2 month birthday!! I can't believe they are two months old already!! Of course, technically today was my official due date, so corrected age, they are only zero days old :). I was going to make Kamryn wear a silly hat for her big day, but we spent the day trying to recover from another rough night. Kiko ended up taking the day off to help me since I hadn't slept at all the night before. We also decided to take Kamryn to the doctor because she was having so many gas problems that I was worried that her reflux meds weren't working or her formula/milk was the problem. The dr decided to up her reflux meds again and changed her formula to a lactose free type to see if that helps. I hope so because I know Kayla has worse reflux problems and I'm not sure how we'll handle both girls up all night long!

Speaking of Kayla, the dr's are still having trouble getting her to finish her formula so they are going to try her on breast milk again. I hope that she can tolerate it and not have too many problems. They really need her to get eating so she can keep growing and come home...it's very hard to sit and wait like this. Her reflux is also pretty bad so they are switching her to Prevacid, which is a stronger medication. I hope they grow out of this phase soon.

2 comments:

Ofie said...

Hi Kristen and Kiko,
Am sure a lot of people have already told you what to do, but I just want to know whether you "burp" properly the twins, like trying to get them to burp in the middle of their feeds and after the feedings? Also Kiko, why don't you ask your Mom to buy this stuff we use when we were still in Manila...its called aceite de manzanilla. We use to rub this in our babies tummies when they have this gas problems. Also, I know you both want to sleep, but why don't you try letting Kamryn sleep in your chest at night. I think her problem is not totally gas but more she is looking for company....missing her sister. I just wish I was there to help you out......

Hollie said...

Yay for 2 month birthday! I hope Kamryn feels better and Kayla comes home soon.