Well it looks like Kiko and I will be parents by the end of the weekend. The Dr has scheduled my c-section for this Saturday (assuming there are no problems before then that would warrant an emergency c-section). Little Kayla has reached her limits and the girls will be better off in the NICU than in me unfortunately. She has fallen below the 10th percentile range and has reached 5.0 in her amniotic fluid. Her heartbeat is strong and steady and there is still good cord flow, but she is just not growing anymore and her BIG sister is taking more nutrients than Kayla can get. So the Dr wants to try and get as close to 32 weeks as possible before taking them out hence waiting till this weekend. Kayla now weighs 2 lbs, 7 oz and Kamryn weighs 3 lbs, 10 oz as of Monday.
Sorry this is so short, but having contractions as I try to sit up and type. Keep us all in your prayers and I will try to update as soon as we can!!
Love, Kristen and Kiko
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Wow Kristen! You've done so good making it this far with the babies. It sounds like the drs know what they are doing. I am praying for a healthy delivery and healthy strong girls for you.
congratulations to you both. i know you have been through a difficult pregnancy. I wish you and your husband all the best and can not wait to see pictures of your two baby girls.
Congratulations! I will be praying for you and your little girls!
Post a Comment