Tuesday, December 30, 2008

30 weeks and counting...

Yesterday was 30 weeks and believe me I'm COUNTING EVERY SINGLE DAY at this point. Been in the hospital almost three weeks now and probably at least another 2 ahead. I hope they aren't all like the last two days. I usually get monitored every 6 hours to make sure the babies heartbeats are ok and to look for signs of distress. Well both yesterday and today, Kamryn's little heart took some pretty major dips which led to continuous monitoring for 10 hours yesterday and 7 hours today...that is NOT fun. Today's was a little rougher as my contractions picked up and yesterday they maxed me out on my Terbutaline pump dosages. So they are now adding Procardia to the mix of drugs I get to keep contractions under control. Procardia is a blood pressure medication which is interesting since I already have REALLY LOW blood pressure. So they have to watch me pretty close to make sure I don't drop too low. Anyway...the babies recovered pretty quickly despite everything my body is trying to do to give birth!!

So we are still waiting...January 12th is 32 weeks which is the Dr's goal. In case I don't get on before then, I want to wish everyone a HAPPY and SAFE NEW YEAR!!! Kiko and I will be snuggled on the hospital bed watching the ball drop together with the girls in my HUGE belly. We are excited for all that 2009 has to hold for us!!

3 comments:

Hollie said...

Oh Kristen. I know you are having such a hard time being in the hospital with all the meds and worrying. I hope that things calm down for a little while for you and your babies. You are almost there.

Joellyn said...

Hello. I came across your blog from fertilitycommunity. Just wanted to wish you good luck. I had boy/girl twins in October 2006. I was lucky though as I was never on bedrest and delivered at 38w1d. Alot of my online twin buddies had problems and were on bedrest. It is HARD, but you will make it through. Hang in there...they are worth it!

Maribeth S said...

Getting closer! Happy to hear you & your girls are doing well! Still praying for y'all!