Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Day 11 in the NICU

BOTH girls are now in the Level II NICU...I can't tell you how nice it is knowing that they are making progress...even though sometimes it is hard to tell that it's progress! I just know that they are one day closer to being home with us!! Here is our first semi-family pic with Kamryn!!

Updates:
Kayla: Kayla was moved upstairs to the Level II NICU this morning!! She isn't in the same pod yet with Kamryn, but hopefully soon! Then we'll be able to sit next to each other holding both of our girls! I can't wait for that to happen. Kayla was doing very well today but she had her first apnea episode today right while I was standing there. Why do they insist on scaring their mother like that!?!? Anyway...the nurse ended up stimulating her and she recovered well. I am worried that she is now also having apnea episodes like her sister...but I just have to keep telling myself that this is normal for preemies and that it will be ok. She has also started on formula feedings and doing ok so far. She has put on a little weight and now is a whopping 2 lbs, 13 oz! :)
Kamryn: Kamryn is doing better today...she only had one apnea episode today so far. She's on some antibiotics for a small infection where her PICC line is inserted. Hopefully that will take care of it and be the last one. She and Daddy had a good time bonding today!! I left them alone for a little while to spend time with Kayla and when I came back, they were both asleep...so cute!! Kamryn is now weighing 3 lbs, 11 oz.


No comments: