Yesterday was kind of a hectic day so I didn't get to post...so I'll just post twice today! The girls are doing well (besides the usual apnea episodes, which they are both having and both scaring their mother with). They are starting Kayla on caffeine now to help try and resolve them. Kamryn has been on caffeine and still having them so I'm just hoping they are mild and not causing any permanent damage. They are both scheduled for another head ultrasound on Monday so I'm anxious to hear that their IVH isn't getting any worse...does the worrying ever stop?!?!?! (Not until they are 18 I hear...probably not even then...).
Let's see...No pics this morning, but I'm sure we will have some tonight, late. Oh...Kamryn weighs a whopping 4lbs, 5 oz now!! Kayla...well, we have no clue what Kayla weighs right now because I think something was up with their scale. At 1 pm yesterday, she still weighed 2 lbs, 12 oz (which is where she's been for the last four or five days)...then at 8 pm last night, the nurse said she weighed 3 lbs, 2 oz!! I find that hard to believe she gained that much in 7 hours after not gaining the last week...although, I'd be thrilled that she weighed over 3 lbs!! Will find out more this morning. (They say you know your a mom of a preemie when you get excited over ounces of growth and not lbs...so true, so true...).
They have upped the feedings also for both girls...Kamryn is at 28 ml/3 hours and Kayla is at 13 ml/3 hours...need to start pumping more to keep up with their appetites soon!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hi Kris and Kiko,
I am one of your followers now. I got the link from Tita Ofie. Wow.... isn't technology just so awesome. What a perfect way of keeping your loved ones posted on what's going on with the girls.
They are sooooooooo cute. I got a kick out of that one pic where one of the girls was smiling.
Love you all,
Tita Maxi
Post a Comment