Kayla was able to be weaned from the ventilator today and is breathing essentially on her own with only very little assistance from a CPAP machine!!! And Kamryn was taken off the CPAP machine and is breathing completely on her own!! I was so overwhelmed with relief and excitement that I broke down crying when I heard the news. Yes, you can cry just as much with good news!!
Kamryn was also moved to an isolette today, which is an improvement. We will also be able to hold Kayla tomorrow when we get to the NICU...needless to say, I'll be bugging Kiko to leave first thing in the morning!! :)
Here is a picture of Kamryn (sorry it is so dark...we only had the video camera and it doesn't take very good pictures). Now that she doesn't have the CPAP on, we are able to see her beautiful little face!!! And let me tell you...she looks JUST LIKE DADDY!!! I mean, there is no mistaking these are Kiko's little girls!!!! I'm ok with that too...let's just hope they have my brains and charisma!! LOL!
I want to take a second to thank everyone who donated blood and have been saying prayers for our little girls. I can't tell you how much it means to all of us. I want to have our precious girls just wrapped in a cocoon of prayers to keep them safe and for all of God's healing powers!! We do have enough blood now for both girls for a few weeks so please feel free to pass along our thanks!! All donations made now will be used for the general population.


No comments:
Post a Comment