Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Day 12 in the NICU

Kayla Update: Kayla had another good day today...she had two apnea episodes yesterday, but as of tonight, she hadn't had anymore so hopefully she was just having a rough day yesterday. They have upped her feedings to 6 ml and she seems to be handling them well. I just talked to the nurse and she said that she was having a bit of a crises earlier and was very upset but when they found her pacifier she was a very happy camper again! She said the way she's sucking on that paci, she might be ready to try bottle feeding in the next few days!! That would be a great step for my little girl!! I got to spend about an hour just holding Kayla today and she was awake when we first started...her big brown eyes were looking all over the place and as I sang and talked to her, she focused right in on me and I swear I saw her smile a few times! Kiko thinks it was just gas...well, she is her daddy's daughter...LOL. As always, here is a picture of Kayla with her beautiful little eyes open...

Kamryn Update: Kiko spent some time holding Kamryn while I held Kayla today...it is amazing how they are only 1 lb apart in weight but how different in size they look!! Kamryn is doing great and her apnea episodes have seemed to slow down some. I hope that she continues to improve like this!! Daddy always likes to have fun with the girls so here is a picture just for my Aunt Sandy and Uncle Doug (and any other Longhorn Fans out there...) and another picture of Kamryn with her eyes open.



1 comment:

Hollie said...

The girls are beautiful. I'm so glad to hear they are doing well. It is crazy that we had our babies on the same day!