Saturday, January 17, 2009

Another GREAT day!!!

I hope every day that the girls are in the NICU can be as good as the last few days have been. I got to hold Kayla today for the first time and it took everything I had not to just cry from happiness. She is just SO tiny, I felt like I was going to hurt her. Here is a picture of Kayla being held for the first time:
















Kayla: My little fighter had her first poopy diaper today! Woohoo!! Actually, she had THREE! I think this is a sign of things to come...LOL. She also started on breast milk through a tube today which is a huge accomplishment. Now they will watch her to make sure that she is tolerating that well. I didn't think she would be on that so soon...guess I need to start watching the spicy food now! She has a little bit of jaundice and is back under the lights for a few days, but that is ok. Oh she now weighs 2 lbs, 11 oz! So she's put on a little bit of weight which is great!! She is still on the CPAP but doing very well with breathing on her own.

















Kamryn: My little super girl is doing just great! She looks so big compared to her sister! She now weighs 3 lbs, 8 oz so she also has put on a little weight. Her blood pressure has been stable so far which is great news! They have increased her feeding amount also so she is handling the food well. She has had a few episodes of apnea since being off the CPAP, but she didn't have any today so I'm praying those are done now. Here's a picture of Kamryn "vogue-ing" for Daddy!!




I'm so happy with their progress so far...I pray that the worst is behind us now and that all they have left is to just grow and gain some weight so we can bring them home! My hope is to have them home by Valentine's Day...I can't think of a better Valentine's present for Kiko and I than to have our little girls home with us.

No comments: