Saturday, April 18, 2009

So what does it mean...

Well, Kayla is eating like a champ today. I'm not surprised though because she went 36 hours without any food so I'm sure she was very hungry. I'm not going to read into this too much since she did the same thing when we took her to CLR. I'm praying that maybe she is doing better, but everytime I think she's doing better she slows down again. The one thing that they are doing is using what is called the "red" nipple which flows faster and has a bigger opening. The only problem is that she can't go home on the red nipples. So why feed her with something she can't go home on. She ate well with the red nipple at CLR too and at Women's. They also weren't on full feeds either...so tonight and tomorrow will tell if she continues to eat. I will be thrilled if we can avoid the surgery, believe me...but eating well for one or two days doesn't convince me that she is suddenly "better".

Cousin Jennifer from NYC is in town this weekend visiting along with my aunt...so a HUGE thank you to them for staying and watching Kamryn while Kiko and I came up to the hospital to see Kayla.

Update: Kayla started having her reflux pains at her 5 pm feeding. The nurse was surprised because she hadn't had any problems before that point...I wasn't too surprised though. I'll be checking on her 8 pm feed shortly...

No comments: