Well, Kayla is now at TCH NICU...that makes 3 NICU's in as many months. Hopefully this will be the last. It was quite the ordeal to get her there, but it is considered the best Children's hospital in the region so I feel very relieved knowing that she is in great hands. I don't know what the surgical plan is yet, but I hope it is soon. It has been very difficult getting to this point and Kiko and I did not come to the decision easily to have the g-tube put in...we wish we didn't have to.
I am relieved to have her out of Clear Lake Hospital though. It has been a nightmare there and as if I needed more reasons to do the surgery...they put the NJ tube in to feed her with yesterday and after it was in, they realized there was a "kink" in the tube so they were unable to feed her through it. So they had to put an NG tube in through the other nostril so she could eat. Needless to say, I was VERY upset when I walked in to see Kayla and she had a tube coming out of the other nostril and MORE tape!! So this NICU was the one to try and convince me not to do the surgery but instead to go with the NJ tube and then THEY SCREW UP PUTTING IT IN! The funny thing was, the nurse said that Kayla pulled out the new NG tube they put in TWICE and she had managed to pull a portion of the NJ tube out as well...and they wanted us to bring her home with one of those tubes. I think Kayla has a much better chance of living a "normal" life with the g-tube.
I'm off to pick up my Aunt Sandy from the airport and then we will head up to TCH to see Kayla and make sure she is comfortable. Here is a picture of Kayla as she was leaving CLR...the transport team let me put her bear in her isolette with her :).



No comments:
Post a Comment