Friday, April 10, 2009

Decisions...Decisions...

Well, the time is quickly approaching where we need to decide what to do for Kayla. I think the decision to move her to Texas Children's Hospital has been made and her pediatrician will work on doing that on Monday. My poor baby will be taken by ambulance to the medical center and most likely placed in the Pediatric ICU there. I'm sure the Dr's there will want to run their own tests. My pediatrician will have to transfer the responsibility of her care to a doctor up there that I've never met which worries me. Two of the nurses and the nurse practitioner helped me feel better about the surgeries saying she will be so much better after it and be an entirely different baby. She is in so much pain, that the possible side effects are starting to not seem so bad. The one big downfall is that she won't be able to vomit again (which can be a good thing too I suppose). Of course, if she gets a stomach virus or food poisoning this can make it very difficult for her as that is your bodies natural defense to get the food out. She also won't be able to burp very well, which will also make her uncomfortable with gas pains. But I don't really see many more options if she can't eat by mouth. The long term effects are more dangerous than the uncomfortable gas pains she may experience. And the longer she goes in pain, she will begin to associate eating with pain which obviously causes bigger problems for her. If anybody reading this has had to go through a similar situation, please let me know if there are alternatives I should try to look into.

Oh and I'm starting to get sick which is just horrible timing. I haven't been able to see Kayla much because I don't want to get her sick and at home, I'm trying to avoid holding Kamryn as much as possible for the same reason. I'm trying to rest so I don't make things worse. Ugh...

No comments: