Today the girls are 3 months old!! I can't believe how quickly it has gone by already. Some days seem to stand still, but it's gone so fast!! This will be quick because I think Kamryn is about to wake up...
Kayla still continues to have rough feedings. She screamed the whole time I was there for both her feedings and I cried too. The pain she must be feeling breaks my heart over and over again. It kills me not being able to help her. All I can do is hold her and cuddle her as much as I can. The doctor's want to make a decision on Monday as to whether to proceed towards surgery or keep trying medications. I'm leaning towards having her transferred to either UTMB in Galveston or Texas Children's for another opinion and/or her surgery. The pediatrician agrees so pretty much we're just hoping that she can do a miraculous improvement this weekend. The surgeries scare me and there are pros/cons to both of them. My immediate concern is that she get relief from this pain as she is starting to develop an oral aversion to the bottle now because she knows she will be in pain from eating. Here are some pictures of Kayla and her setup at the NICU.
Kamryn is doing well, she still has her gas pains and screaming fits (out of the blue just starts screaming bloody murder). It takes an act of God to burp her sometimes. She is starting to try and smile and I did catch her first real smile this morning. It melted my heart. She's starting to want to be interacted with a lot more now which is so much fun. And I just can't stop kissing those cheeks!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment