Well, we have rescheduled Kayla's GJ tube surgery to next Thursday (May 14). It was originally scheduled for tomorrow, but I wasn't very comfortable with the surgeon that was planning to do it. I'm sure he would have done fine, but I really liked the original surgeon who was scheduled to do the procedure a few weeks ago. So I called my preferred surgeon today and asked her to do the surgery but in order for her to do it, we had to move it out a week. It's going to be a really hard week for Kayla waiting, but my hope is that this will give her more time to "grow" out of the reflux some more and hopefully not need the surgery at all. She is so uncomfortable that it breaks my heart and it is very tiring holding her all the time to keep her calm so she doesn't reflux.
I wanted to take a minute to thank my TWO nannies for all of their help with our girls. Denise, who is our "day nanny" has the toughest job by far...I don't know how she does it. I get exhausted after an hour! She is so wonderful with the girls and has so much patience! She truly is a GOD SEND!! Brandi takes the night shift and helps take care of Kayla during the night so Kiko and I can get a few hours of sleep each night. Poor Brandi works during the day as a nanny for another family (with 5 children!!!!) and then she works all night for us...this is only temporary though as we're in the process of looking for a live-in nanny/au pair to help us for a few months. I wouldn't be sane if it weren't for both of these women and I really appreciate EVERYTHING they do to help our family out!!
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Just checking on you all! I am hoping the surgery goes smoothly tomorrow!
Megan
Post a Comment