I just realized that I hadn't updated our blog in several days and I know there are several of you K&K fans out there dying to know what is going on! Well, the girls are wiping mommy and daddy out! We even have help and we're exhausted! The girls turned FOUR MONTHS OLD this past weekend and I couldn't believe that much time has already passed! Especially for little Kayla who has only been home a couple of weeks. The girls are doing FANTASTIC and I got to enjoy my first Mother's Day ever with the most beautiful girls in the world (yes, I'm biased)!
Kamryn had a check up today with the pulmonologist and he has decided that she no longer needs to be on the Apnea monitor!! Woohoo!! Now of course, that's a different story for mommy who takes comfort in knowing that the alarm will go off if she does stop breathing so for my own sanity, I'm going to keep it on at night for another month until I think she is all clear. She hasn't gained a lot of weight the last couple of weeks and her eating has slowed down, so I plan to talk to the Dr about it tomorrow when she goes in for her four month immunizations. She now weighs 11 lbs, 7 oz and is 23 inches long!!!
Kayla is doing great and I've decided to postpone her surgery yet again. Yes, I'm crazy, but I just can't put her through a surgery unless I am convinced to the bone that she needs it. She has been steadily gaining weight since she has been home and she is eating much better than she did a few weeks ago. She still has some really bad episodes of reflux which are very difficult for her and us to deal with, but as long as she is still gaining weight and still eating, I can handle the periods of screaming and discomfort if it will avoid her having to have surgery. As of Friday, she weighed 7 lbs, 8 oz and was 20 1/4 inches long! She'll get another weight check tomorrow, so I'm hoping she continues to thrive!
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Glad the girls are doing well. You are not crazy. You are doing what you think is best for your daughter.
Post a Comment