Friday, December 12, 2008

Back in the hospital...

I'm in the hospital again...got here last night, Dr office called and said they wanted to monitor me since I was on max Terb and still breaking through...decided to switch me to a Magnesium drip for a few days. Well that didn't quite work...they put me on the mag and kept the terbutiline going...then they tried to take me off the terb and I started contracting again on the mag..so now I'm on both. FUN! I've got an IV in one arm...a terb pump going into my leg that I have to carry around because I can't wear pants or underwear to clip it onto...and I have to pee every 30 mnutes...ugh...

So I don't know what's going on just yet, but the Dr wasn't happy that they couldn't get me off the terb so due to that and the fact that the babies have started to fall off the growth curve (last appt) she went ahead and started the steroid shots for the babies lungs. I also got the visit from the neonatologist in the NICU to prep us on what will happen, etc if my dr decides to take the babies early. My Dr didn't say it but the neonate said that from what she knows of my Dr that I'm most likely in here for the rest of the duration so she can keep an eye on me. Oh and I had REALLY low blood pressure this morning which really worried her...like 80/42...so I think she's worried about how my body is handling things and how the babies are growing.

So that's the status...playing it by ear right now. I'm for sure in here through the weekend and we'll see what the Dr wants to do after that...stay tuned...

2 comments:

Hollie said...

Wow Kristen. Things are happening so fast. I pray that you can keep the babies in a little longer. But I'm sure they would be ok if they were born soon. I hope things calm down.

Maribeth S said...

Hang in there Kristen! You are doing great! Enjoying reading on your progress! Best wishes!