Tuesday, December 2, 2008

26 weeks down...10 weeks to go!!! We hope!!!

I had my 26 week appointment today. I must say I was very anxious to see the girls as I've had a rough two weeks with contractions and being put on the T-pump. I was worried about how my cervix was holding up and hoping that I wouldn't have to get put on hospital bed rest any time soon. It looks like my cervix is shortening (which I expected) but the cerclage is doing it's job and holding tight. I have broken through on my contraction monitoring a lot over the last few days so they had to up my medicine dosage AGAIN to try and get them under control. It seems to be working so far.

The doctor said that I will need to have the girls by c-section and that she won't let me go beyond February 9 for a due date. Although, we both seem to know it will most likely happen sooner than that.

The only worrisome news was that both babies have "fallen off their growth curves"...which basically means that they are slowing down in their growth rate. She didn't really say much about it other than to say that we need to watch it. I think that this is the beginning of something called IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction)...which basically means the babies are getting too tight in there and they "may" have to come out early if they start developing complications. She seemed confident enough to go another two weeks before my next appointment though. I just have to make it through the end of the year as my Dr will be gone for Christmas :(

I'm wondering if I should start a pool to see who gets closest to the due date :)

1 comment:

The Davaul's said...

Zachary's b-day is Feb. 6 so they may be close in b-days. Hang in there cause it will all be worth it when those precious babies arrive.