Thursday, November 27, 2008

And I'm back on the terbutaline...ugh...

Well it looks like these little girls are determined to make their presence known!! I think they got Kiko's and my patience...or lack of patience...lol. My contractions have been becoming a lot more frequent and pretty painful so the doctor ordered me on a terbutaline pump. This is basically a continuous feed pump (much like an insulin pump) that supplies medicine to prevent contractions. I have to wear this thing 24/7 and change the location of the injection every 3/5 days. It is really intimidating not to mention uncomfortable having this tube inserted into your thigh and a cord running to a pump that I have to carry around everywhere. Showering is going to be interesting. The ironic thing is that I'm still having pretty good contractions even being on the pump so I'm pretty sure that I may end up in the hospital here before long...I may be enjoying Christmas from Woman's Hospital. Think they will let me put up a tree??

So that's the latest...still hanging in there. Today is Thanksgiving and I have a lot to be Thankful for!! This will be short as its hard to type one handed still. Keep checking in...things should be getting pretty interesting soon...I have a feeling the girls will ge here in the next 6-8 weeks!! My next Dr appt is Tuesday so I'm going to try and get a better feel for when my c-section will be targeted for.

1 comment:

Sue said...

That stuff again? I hope it isn't as bad as it was last time?! It sounds awful, though. I hope the contractions slow down/stop and you start feeling better. They do seem impatient! I am praying that things slow down and you get to enjoy the holidays at home!