Friday, June 6, 2008

Some interesting news...

So as many of you may know, I've had migraines for years and years but they seem to really be horrendous during my IVF cycles. So I decided to go to the neurologist to see if they could figure out what was going on...they were getting so intense I was starting to get pretty scared. So long story short, I have what appears to be several blood clotting issues which pretty much means I'm at high risk for miscarriage, pre-eclampsia and stroke. Not so good news when trying to get pregnant...
I've been diagnosed with APS (Antiphospholipid Syndrome, aka Hughes Syndrome) and double -heterozygotic MTHFR gene mutation. Basically all this means is my blood is too thick and makes me much higher risk for blood clots.

SO...I get to be on baby aspirin daily for the rest of my life and I have to take blood thinners every day if I get pregnant (Yep, more shots). And it also means that I'll probably end up on bed rest earlier than I normally would. After I have children, they need to look at putting me on long term blood thinners to try and keep me from having a stroke...my MRI is still in review but my doctor said to not be surprised if it comes back showing that I have already had several mini-strokes already...I guess that would explain a few things...lol!


Anyway, things are progressing on the IVF front! Started my stim drugs today...woohoo!!! I've doubled the amount I was on last time so hoping and praying for double the amount of eggs!! Here's a look at all my medications for this round:



This doesn't look so bad, but inside each of these boxes are LOTS and LOTS of vials of meds!!!!

2 comments:

Chris and Melanee said...

I am SO glad they finally have figured out whats going on with you. Now that they know, you will be able to start getting the right treatment and feeling better! Thats a freaking TON of drugs girl!! Do you have room for all of that in your fridge?!! :)
Chris and I are keeping you in our prayers and we just know this is it!! We love ya, and can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!

Space Family Robinson said...

WOW!!! This is all such great news. You guys are going to be parents soon!!! And the bonus of knowing what is causing the migraines and treating it is an added blessing. I am so happy for you guys. You continue to remain in my prayers. Genesis 25:21
Love, Traci