I can't believe that the girls are six months old today. Time is flying by and I'm amazed every day how much they are growing and maturing. Soon they will be asking to go on a date...not looking forward to that. LOL. I have some new pics but having camera problems, so hopefully I can post soon!
On a frustrating note, we had made an offer for a new Live-In Nanny to come stay with us as I felt I just needed the extra hands at home. We found who we thought was a GREAT person with a ton of experience and she agreed to come stay with us. Well, I was trying to run a background check on her and she kept stalling and not really responsive on that front. Then I tried checking her references she sent me...none of them answered, answering machines (half with no person recording the greeting) at all of them. None of them called back. Then, I added her to my Facebook account and this is where it got interesting...the email address for one of her "references" was also the EXACT same email linked to her facebook account...hmmm. So I asked her about it, she didn't have a good explanation. Then I asked about the background check status...she said she had submitted the info to the agency...I called the agency, no info from her. So I asked her about that and she suddenly disappeared. Deleted me from her facebook account, deleted her profile on the nanny website we had found her through...poof, gone! Amazing. Fortunately, we hadn't flown her down here yet and I'm glad I insisted on getting the background check as she apparantely had something she wanted to hide!! I told the nanny sight that they should prevent her from joining again too. Oh well...so I'm back to the hunt again. I've found a nice girl in Pearland who may join our ever expanding crew of nannies/babysitters. We're meeting her and her parents on Friday for an interview so we'll see how that goes! Fingers crossed!! I like her already in that her parents want to meet US for a change...I'm all for that!
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment