Friday, July 10, 2009

Prayers for Brian...

A little off topic, but I know my girls have some pretty good connections with the BIG Guy upstairs, so figured I'd post here to keep that powerful prayer chain going.

On the 4th of July, Kiko and I hosted a little pool party/barbecue with some friends. Nothing fancy, just some grilling and swimming. Well, one of our friends, who we call BIG BRIAN, because he's like 7' tall, woke up from a nap in the pool and had completely lost his memory. I don't mean waking up in a fog, drank a few too many type of memory loss...I mean, TOTAL loss of memory. He was the last one to leave the house that night and nobody even noticed he was out of it because he was so quiet and they just thought he had a few too many drinks in the sun. It turns out, he didn't know who he was, where he was, what day it was, who we were and why he was at our house! When I realized what was going on, I called some co-workers of his that are also friends of ours, to try and get him home and in touch with his family. Brian in the meantime, just left the house while I was on the phone, because he had no idea where he was and figured out by looking at his driver's license his name and put his address into his GPS. Our friends came quickly trying to get to him, but he didn't recognize them either and took off!! He finally made it to his house, but didn't recognize his parents either. They took him to the hospital and all the tests came back normal. It's like he woke up from that nap and everything Brian knew was gone. It's been almost a week now and he still has no memory and they are trying to find him help, but the hospitals won't take him because technically there is nothing physically wrong with him. The wait to see specialists is over 3 weeks and Brian does not have insurance. We are hoping to arrange a benefit for him to help raise money for what I'm sure will be some hefty bills so stay tuned, we will need your help on this one!!

If anybody in the Houston area knows anybody that can help with this type of case, we would love to hear from you. It's a bizaar chain of events that has happened and it breaks my heart to know that the BIG B we all love is now a new BIG B with no memory of any of us. He doesn't know that he has a two year old son and is very frustrated not knowing anything about his past. I can imagine it must be extremely scary too. Please keep him in your prayers that he will somehow regain his memory and get the help that he needs!! Thank you!

1 comment:

Hollie said...

Praying for Big B. I have never heard of that happening before!