Thursday, July 23, 2009

Pink Eye and Teething...

So yesterday was a rough day...for mommy. It turns out that I've got bacterial pink eye in both eyes, which is no fun. I went to the optometrist and she promptly made me get out of my contacts and made me wear glasses for a week...only problem is, I don't own any glasses...I hate glasses...I'd rather chew glass than wear glasses. So I had to call Kiko to come rescue me at the Dr's office and take me around to find a cheap pair of glasses that could be made right away. Thankfully, his ex-wife works at UH Optometry school and she hooked me up! Of course, today I'm supposed to get an award at work, photos and all...so I guess I'll be having a new "look" for those photos!! Now I have to be extra careful not to spread the dreaded pink stuff around to the girls!! Not an easy task!!

So now I have coke bottles on my face (because I think I'm probably close to being legally blind) and the girls are looking at me like I am an alien...which was actually kind of funny. Anyway, I can't see periphally, and I ended up jamming my foot into the bed post, which is now causing it's own kind of lovely pain. It hasn't been a good 24 hours for mommy....

On to the teething...both girls are continuing their teething process and it's so much fun in the middle of the night. Kamryn is handling it better than Kayla I think. I was up all night with Kay-Kay as she did not want to be put down...at all...all night. You can see and feel the first tooth starting to come in for Kamryn, which would make you think she would be the fussier of the two...but not so. LOL. Anyway...this is going to be a long process I can tell...I'm stocking up on earplugs and No-doze if anybody has any!!

No comments: