Saturday, September 6, 2008

Well that wasn't any fun...

So I had my cerclage surgery on Wednesday and that was NOT FUN!!! First of all the cerclage itself was fine and the babies seem to be hanging in there so far...next appt will be Tuesday so say prayers that all is well with them.

The actual surgery ended up being very difficult...they did general anesthesia and turns out they had a tough time intubating me with the breathing tube. They tried three times and on the fourth try, they finally had to use a metal breathing tube and paralyze my throat and lungs to get it in. I didn't find this out till 24 hours after the surgery when I was in such terrible pain after the surgery. Felt like the worst case of whiplash, could barely turn my neck or swallow anything from the pain.

Anyway, all is better (after LOTS of vicodin) and I'm hoping the babies managed to make it through all my pain and pain medication with no ill effects. Let's hope I don't have to do that again!!

No comments: