Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sadness and happiness...

This week has been an emotional one for me. I'm filled with happiness that my girls are growing up and starting to walk. I'm also sad about it. I'm sad about my nanny, Bri leaving us...but I'm filled with happiness that I've found not one, not two, but THREE potential nannies to come join our family. Of course, I need to make a decision about which one...which will make me sad again. **sigh**

But I think the saddest thing that I've had to endure this week was hearing about a friend, and fellow clinical trial participant, who lost her husband suddenly this week. She is only 32 with twin girls who are only a month younger than mine. I can't even wrap my arms or head around the pain she must be feeling. When I heard the news, I cried. When I read her posts on FB, I cry. I wish I could help her, but I know my place is one of encouragement and support from a distance...electronically...as it always has been. It's funny how you learn to lean on people you have never met before via the internet. When I learned of our fertility problems, I joined a Fertility support group...and there I met the most amazing group of women, including Courtney. A few I have met, others only via webcam, most never...but we all have a bond together and when one hurts...we ALL hurt. I know she reads my blog, and I know she reads my emails and I just want her to know that I am surrounding her with the biggest cyber hugs I can. Please pray for Courntey and her girls and may she know that she has friends she has never even met surrounding her with love and prayers.

1 comment:

The Road Less Traveled said...

Kriten,
We are praying for Courtney and her family. I can't imagine having to endure such a loss. Praying that God will help ease the pain her heart is feeling and that he will bring her comfort.