Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Houston...we have a toddler...

Yep! Kamryn took her very first steps all by herself this weekend! That first one was a doozy! Her eyes got as big as saucers when she did it! From that point on, she's been popping up and trying to take more and more steps. She took about 6 steps last night and I have no doubt by the time I get home from work today she will be going further! Kayla is also very close to walking...while all the ooo'ing and aaaah'ing was going on for Kamryn, I glanced over at Kayla who was watching her "little" sister and she was just standing there, not holding anything as if to say..."well, look at me!!! I can stand by myself too!!!". I cried. My babies are going to be little people soon and I'm so sad, yet very happy! I can't wait to just walk with them hand in hand and not have to choose which baby I have to carry! We tried to get video, but didn't get it yet. Will post it soon. I also have a video of them cracking each other up while playing. I will post that soon too!

2 comments:

The Road Less Traveled said...

Yeah!!!! I'm sure it is a bag of mixed emotions. You want them to grow up, but you also want them to stay your sweet baby forever. They've come along ways momma!!!

Jana

Sue said...

I can't believe how fast they grow! They are so beautiful, Kristen! Yay for first steps!!! Now, lock up the house!