Tuesday, January 12, 2010
First Year Checkup!
Today was the girls 1 year checkup with their pediatrician and it was both stressful and wonderful!! The girls are weighing in at 20 lbs and "almost 17 lbs"! Kamryn can now ride forward facing in a big girls car seat!! Kayla has a little longer to go till she can switch...but now they can face each other when they are riding :). They got their immunization shots and some blood drawn too which was not fun for either of us. Kamryn is not feeling well...I think her molars are starting to come in and really bugging her. She was up most of the night and very whiney...which she never is...so I'm hoping some Motrin will help her out tonight. The doctor was so pleased with their progress...she said Kamryn still has a "big head" so we're going to keep watching it and if she doesn't meet her developmental milestones in 3 months and her head continues to be large (90th percentile) she will order some more tests and a consult with a neurologist just to be sure. We have monthly visits from ECI (Early Childhood Intervention) and they should be by this week to check out her development some too. She's not really wanting to crawl or pull up which is a little worrisome since Kayla is all over the place...but she's trying. It's so cute to watch them crawl around the house...Kayla is so fast, but she will stop and wait for Kamryn to catch up to her and they both giggle while they do it! I can almost see Kayla encouraging Kamryn when she does this...she'll circle around Kam while waiting for her and they both smile and laugh. It just warms my heart to watch these two beautiful girls!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Hello how are you? I love the pics of your girls. I have twin girls my self that are almost eight! Yours are precious, and twins are a lot of fun! :) Found your blog through a friend's blog. I added you to my list. :) Hope all is well.. and have fun hope to hear back from you! :)
Tab
Post a Comment