Thursday, October 21, 2010

Snot and Poop...or should it be Poop and Snot??

It has not been the most enjoyable week in the Novilla household...mainly because all of us have been sick with something or another, which leads to just plain grumpiness. Last weekend, we ventured out of the house and went to the Texas Renaissance Festival which was a LOT of fun (pictures to follow)...but not 24 hours later, Kayla started running a fever...then Kam...then the snot started flowing more freely (it had already been flowing from the last sickness), which led to much coughing and long nights...then the doctor decided to start the girls on some new antibiotic thinking that they may have a sinus infection now which is causing all the coughing and breathing problems...which led to the dreaded "D"...ugh. So between fevers, snot, coughing and "D", I've also been sick with a stomach bug and Kiko has been just hanging in there with all of this. It's been miserable. I've decided to possibly look for a live-out nanny now, a local person...so I don't have the drama of personality conflicts or homesickness or not being able to walk around in my birthday suit (just kidding on the last one...). lol. I can't afford to keep missing work when the girls are sick right now...hoping that a nanny for a few months anyway, will get me into next year and give me time to build back up my sick leave. That's the hope anyway...

The girls do seem to be enjoying daycare though and I hate to take them out of it just because they get sick...so I'm torn. It's good for them to get sick, right?? Good to build up immunities...but at the risk of not being able to pay the bills? Probably not. Argh.... Maybe we will try this school thing again next year...

Anyway, here are some cute pics from the Renaissance Festival. We didn't dress up, but the girls had fun! They had their first Shetland Pony rides (Kamryn hated, Kayla loved) and then Kayla got to ride her first Carousel (Kamryn was asleep). Can't wait for more memorable times with them!! Heading to FL next week! Our first ever plane ride...should be INTERESTING!!





1 comment:

The Road Less Traveled said...

Love the pictures. The girls are so stinking adorable. They have so much hair....I'm jealous. The girls barely have any yet. Have fun in FL!!!

Jana