Yesterday was my 18 week checkup and ALL is wonderful with the little girls!! Kiko even got to go with me and see them moving all around and the U/S tech gave him PROOF that we were having GIRLS still...he's still not convinced...but he's getting there. The babies were both growing right on schedule and didn't show any additional signs of TTTS (so far). Also got our Quad Screens back which don't show high risk indications of Downs Syndrome or Spina Bifida so that is a relief. So if we can just keep my cervix from shortening and going into premature labor, everything would be perfect!!
So I'm still on modified bed rest and will be for the duration of the pregnancy. My cervix was the same as it was two weeks ago which is good news, it means the extra rest is helping keep labor at bay. The goal is to make it to at least December 15, which is 28 weeks. The babies would at least be developed enough at that point that they would be ok after a decent hospital stay. 24 weeks is really the "viability" goal, but I'm an overachiever. LOL. Once we make it to December 15, the next goal will be to make it to 32 weeks, which will be January 13. If still going strong at that point, the babies will be born most likely no later than February 15 simply due to growth restrictions and other possible complications.
My friends are starting to plan a baby shower, so stay tuned...due to all the possible complications and the bed rest, the Dr suggested earlier rather than later so most likely will be soon! Oy! I guess I better finish registering!! LOL!!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Glad to hear you and babies are doing well! It's great when you husband can attend appts with you. It will make him closer to the girls before they even get here. I'm praying for you and the girls that you keep them inside for as long as possible. You will probably end up having your babies before me! Crazy! And I like your husbands belly pic.. too funny..
Post a Comment