Monday, August 25, 2008

12 week update!!!

Today was a wonderful day in Babies Novilla land!! I got to see the little ones and they were soooo active!! It was so amazing to watch them, I could have stayed there all day if it weren't so uncomfortable! They were squirming and moving all over the place!

This is the funny part. Because they are in the same placenta and only separated by a very thin membrane, it makes it more difficult to get measurements. So when the dr would zoom in on one of them, you would see out of the corner of a screen this foot come flying into the picture and push the one we were measuring down. I laughed so hard! Then when we'd measure the other one a hand would come flying into the frame. It was so funny! I guess with normal twins they are in their own sacs and at this early in the game, they aren't really that close to each other yet. But with identicals, since they are sharing the same placenta, they are pretty close to each other. I can see troubles with these two later if they are boys...why do I see a lot of wrestling matches happening...lol.

Here are the stats, I am so thrilled because they are both doing AMAZING!!! They have finally caught up in their size and their heartbeats were just perfect!!

Baby A: Measuring 12w0d, Heartbeat 158 bpm
Baby B: Measuring 11w6d, Heartbeat 155 bpm

I have my first appointment with my new high-risk OB on Friday!! I am very excited to meet the woman who will be caring for me and the babies for the next 6 months! She's up at Women's Hospital in the Med Center area, so I'm not looking forward to the drive, but supposedly she's one of the best high-risk OBs in town and I'm honored that she's taking us in!! On Friday, I will have some more testing done and get some more ultrasounds of the babies, so hopefully I will have some really great pics to post. The ones from today weren't that good because they kept moving around!!

No comments: