Wednesday, January 26, 2011

It takes a Village...

I'm taking the opportunity to post on my blog for a "cyber" friend of mine who could use some help! I met Lisa on a message board a few years ago and have remained friends with her, though we have never met. She touched my heart back then when we were all struggling with our fertility issues. Lisa found out she was pregnant around the same time as myself and several other cyber-friends...then she found out that her little bean she was carrying had Down Syndrome. While many of us (myself included) would have been frightened and scared...Lisa embraced it. I watched her throw herself into learning as much as she could about raising a child with Downs and admired her from afar for her courage and strength. Now, little Jacob is a little over two and thriving and Lisa is again on another journey. She and her husband are trying to adopt another Down Syndrome child, named Cliff. Cliff is a cutie pie and my heart just swelled when I saw her story and her desire to bring him home. Unfortunately, to do that requires a LOT of money...and in order for Lisa to do this she needs the help of a Village to help raise the funds for her to bring Cliff home to them. They already have a great headstart with some wonderful people making fantastic donations!! But they could use more! I believe the power of the internet can really help Lisa and her family reach their goal! I ask that if you can spare just even a little bit for Lisa than we can help this wonderful family reach their goals!! I myself am pledging to donate a little bit with each paycheck, could you do the same?? Do you know of somebody who could donate more and would like to help?? All donations are tax deductible! Such a great cause for such a great family...and such a CUTE LITTLE BOY, who deserves a chance at a great life! You can follow Lisa's journey on her blog, which is listed on the right called "Building our Village". Please feel free to pass along as well! Donations may be made here (or click on the title of this post and it will take you to the website):
http://reecesrainbow.org/sponsorwarner

Thank you and Good Luck to the Warner family!


No comments: